
My humble hut may look tiny, but the veggies around it, sure are many.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Deck or Patio
Once we moved in, one of the things I would like to start working on is building a deck or patio. Perhaps we will do a combination of both. We are definitely going with Trex instead of wood if we decide on a deck. After researching it and talking to friends, Trex is low maintenance although more expensive. For now, I'm leaning on a patio-- cement, brick, stone, gravel, etc. Less area in the backyard to mow! Here are some inspiration from Pinterest. Definitely a fire pit and a built in grill is a must!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Were going with both, RH is building the deck for us and then I plan a hefty 20x8 flagstone patio with sitting walls and firepit as well, its always been a dream of mine too.
ReplyDeleteHey Ericka. Your home is looking awesome btw. We actually had a Ravenna but we switched to the Verona last minute. No real reason why we did that. I guess when we saw the Verona model home we felt more "homey" inside. We're outdoor people so we will definitely focus on this space quite a bit before we tackle other structural projects. Then we will see what we can do with the basement. A flagstone patio sounds so nice.
ReplyDeleteI really want some type of low level deck, I wish I had put my fireplace on the side of the house.Stone is starting to look like a better option because it wont fade in color over time.
ReplyDelete